Share

Friday 27 February 2009

Paul Krugman on the Stimulus Plan

I'm really not a fear monger so I'm not posting this to scare anyone. But I do know enough to know that Nobel Prize winner and NY Times Columnist Paul Krugman knows economics much better than probably 99% of the politicians (the 1% may be AS smart as him) so I think it's worth hearing what he has to say on what is going to be the largest stimulus plan EVER.

In the above clip, he addresses the following questions (I find his answers to the last 3 the most interesting):

  1. Why is the stimulus package not enough?
  2. How big should the stimulus be?
  3. What lessons can be learned from Japan's recession in the 1990s?
  4. Will the US economy grow in 2009?
  5. Did you think the crisis would be this bad?
  6. Who is to blame for the crisis?
  7. What would your economic plan be?

No comments:

Post a Comment