Share

Friday 20 February 2009

Learning Guitar

Few know that I'm an aspiring rock star. My current 9-to-5 is just something to do until I hit it big, sell trillions of records, go on tour, have lots and lots of sexually unfulfilling encounters with countless roadies, develop a drug addiction problem, commit myself and become clean, do some commercials, a reality show, and get committed to the Rock and Roll hall of fame. And also until I learn how to play guitar well enough to make it through an entire song.

Until then, I wanted to share some of the resources I've found useful as an aspiring rock-star and some of the songs I'm working on for your musical enjoyment.

First things first, anyone interested in playing guitar for the non-deaf has to be obsessed with being in tune; this site is a great resource for that as it plays WAV files of all in-tune strings.

As far as learning songs is concerned, YouTube wins the gold for educational resource as there are countless videos of aspiring rockers like me offering great instructional videos, as well as showing off their talents (or lack there of in certain instances). I find that Justin Sandercoe's videos are the easiest and clearest to follow. He has a great site with tons of useful information, like this article on how to change your acoustic guitar's strings.

Here are the current songs I'm working on from his series:

Easy Songs 1


Easy Songs 2



Coldplay - Trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment