Share

Thursday 1 January 2009

Non-Profit: Every Future

Had a chance to catch up with my best friend and I was thrilled to hear that he's getting his non-profit off the ground and fully running. Every Future's goal is to empower motivated and rising high school seniors with the knowledge and resources to attend the best US colleges and universities; it can and will have tremendous impact. I'm hoping I can also have a chance to contribute to the students Every Future works with, albeit from outside the US.
What inspires me most about this is that about 9 months ago, my friend made the decision to look into how to do this, started talking to people that would have good input, then decided to do it. Sound simple enough in theory, but I can assure you there were obstacles he had to overcome along the way, the most important one being simple apathy; but none of it deterred him and now Every Future is not longer an idea but a reality. Attributes like self-motivation and inititave are mankind's most under-utilized resource, and I'm happy that I have friends, like the founder of Every Future, that are chock-full of it.

To find out how you can help contribute to the mentoring community being built by Every Future, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment