Share

Sunday 31 May 2009

Ho Chi Minh City Getaway

I went to Ho Chi Minh City (or HCMC as it's known to local Vietnamese) a few weeks ago and had an awesome time. Granted it was probably the hottest it's been anywhere since I've been in Asia, the heat didn't stop me from having a phenomenal time and enjoying the city's pace, style, culture, people and ofcourse the delicious food. Formerly known as Saigon until 1976, HCMC is home to more than 9 million people.

During our brief time in Vietnam, we spent several days and most of our nights in and around District 1 exploring, shopping, sweating and eating. We took two day drips to see the Cuchi tunnels and also explore some of the Mekong delta. We booked the air/accommodation through an HK travel agency which I now feel was a rip-off after seeing how insanely affordable everything is in Vietnam (round trip air from HK: $130 USD; Hostel queen bed w/ breakfast: $30/night). But I look at it as an investment in future trips, which I hope to be taking very soon.

Here's some of my pics from the trip:








No comments:

Post a Comment