Share

Tuesday 19 May 2009

Ellen Degeneres' Tulane University Commencement

Awesome commencement speech by one of the sharpest comedic minds of our time.


Most inspirational lines:

  1. "Then I went to look up what commencement meant. Which would've been easy if I had a dictionary but most of the books in our house are Portia's and they're all written in Australian."
  2. "Commencement: common and cement. Common cement. You commonly see cement on sidewalks. Sidewalks have cracks and if you step on a crack you break your mother's back. So there's that."
  3. "I didn't go to college here....I didn't go to any college at all. Any college. And I'm not saying you wasted your time or your money, but look at me I'm a huge celebrity."
  4. "Usually when you're wearing a robe at 10 in the morning it means you've given up."
  5. "My point is that by the time I was your age I really thought I knew who I was. But I had no idea. Like for example, when I was your age I was dating men. So what I'm saying is that when you're older, most of you will be gay."
  6. "So to conclude my conclusion, follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else's path, unless you're lost in the woods and you see a path then by all means you should follow that."

3 comments: