Share

Thursday 12 March 2009

Brighthand.com: Kindle 2 Review

Amazon has recently launched their Kindle 2, which is crazy since I first heard about it's predecessor, Kindle, just a few weeks ago; I guess I'm not as geeky as I originally thought I was. I've since learned that it's the hottest e-reader currently, and unique in its inclusion of cellular Sprint coverage, allowing a user to purchase books, magazines and newspapers all without being connected through a computer. It's also got text-to-reader features for really lazy readers that still like to "read" books. Downloads are supposed to be super fast (less than 1 minute) and occur in the background. Amazon also allows readers to browse Wikipedia free of charge and the most of the web (though it's unsupported). Retails at $359 USD.

After watching the review, I can definitely see how something like this would be useful for a serious book worm who's constantly on the go as it allows to you to take a lot more content with you in a much slicker way. The down-side ofcourse is that it's much less painful to lose a single book, vs. all of them you're carrying around in your e-reader. And ofcourse, for the super-vain and fake, a bunch of intellectual and artsy books sitting on your bookshelf (none of which you have ever cracked open) looks a lot better and impressive compared to a skinny e-reader with the same content on it resting on the bookshelf. Your guests just won't be as impressed by your feigned bookishness.

Sold? Order yours here.

1 comment:

  1. On the waitlist for it (gift for Ashley). My biggest concern is the feel, I like the feel of pages through my sensitive fingers. I sensually lick my fingers before turning each page, I won't be able to do that with the Kindle.

    ReplyDelete