Share

Saturday 27 December 2008

Time Lapse: Los Angeles at Night

I lived in Los Angeles for four more than five years and while it did eventually grow on me, I cannot say that I instantly fell in love with it like I do with most cities (New York, Chicago, Hong Kong, London etc.), though this video did bring back memories. LA was too spread out, too solitary and a tad boring for me when I first arrived. It took me a while to make friends and meet a good social network that fit in with my geography; I had very no friends who lived in OC or Inland Empire. But I do miss it now and the good friends I made there; the city has a pace and character all it's own that is uniquely memorable. While it can be known as a city that worships temporary things (beauty, fame, fortune), most of it's residents realize this and even make fun of it themselves. I can also say that LA is a city where generally anything goes and you are free to do your own thing. And ofcourse the weather - it is as perfect as everyone says it is.

1 comment:

  1. started off boring but got better towards the end. i think there are also some shots of the golden gate (SF) later in the clip.

    ReplyDelete